Made by physical ( non-thermal) fusion of stabilized long chained PVC polymer and precipitated silica.
Do not confuse with ordinary sintered PVC separators.
These materials are very pure and chemically stable. There are no organic additives that can degrade in the battery, such as mineral oils.
Kinds & Features :
A) Ribbed Separators
1. Higher porosity : The higher porosity of the AMER-SIL separators is due to the high silica content and open structure of this material.Volume porosity ranges from 65% to 78%
2. Lower electrical resistance : This characteristic is also influenced by the high porosity open material structure. It is among the lowest of industrial separators.Values of electrical resistance are highly dependent on overall thickness, backweb thickness and profile.
3. Chemical purity : The material composition is limited to two basic materials, precipitated silica and PVC-polymer. There are no additives or mineral oils or resins.The grey color is achieved by adding minute amounts of carbon black.
4. Chemical and physical stability : This comes from the chemical components and the unique manufacturing process. This type of separator does not oxidize and has excellent aging characteristics.
5. Versatility : Wide range of thickness and dimensions are possible as well as a variety
of profiles. All profiles can also be offered with glassmat lamination.